First Year Anniversary Highlights
Our first year was filled with distinguished accomplishments and pride-filled moments. Click through a few noteworthy milestones below.
- BECA was founded on March 30th with 26 founding members.
- Website launched and social media presence went live on IG, FB, LI and TW.
- Membership grew to 33 members by November.
- Hosted a series of learning sessions for members, including “The Board of Directors Journey.”
- Held introductory meetings with BECA members and editors from AdAge, WSJ, and Forbes CMO Network.
- Hosted part one of a two part panel: “A Candid Conversation About Black-owned Media” with Butch Graves, President and CEO of Black Enterprise
- Launched an Audiogram social campaign showcasing career advice from BECA members
- Secured feature story in LinkedIn’s premiere “Marketer Must Read,” highlighting 22 BECA members.
- Held a fireside chat with trailblazer and New York Times bestselling author Ursula Burns about her book, Where You Are is Not Who You Are.
- BECA members interviewed for Bloomberg Black Business Beat
- Received trademark registration for Black Executive CMO Alliance.
- Held inaugural in-person member meeting in NYC.
- Hosted part two of our speaker panel: “The Importance of Black-owned Media” with owners and CEO’s of some of the largest Black-owned media companies: Black Enterprise – Butch Graves, Ebony & Jet – Michele Ghee and Essence – Rich Dennis and Caroline Wanga.
- Launched The BECA Playbook and first cohort.
- Held two BECA Playbook mentoring sessions with the inaugural cohort.
- Launched “Motivational Moments” series in honor of Black History Month and Women’s History Month.
- Celebrated BECA’s first year anniversary.
BECA is proud to count these revered brands among the companies helping us achieve our mission.
BECA members are distinguished C-Suite executives with various titles in various sectors, yet all have or have had marketing at the core of their experiences. They bring to the alliance a diverse range of expertise, a love of marketing, and a shared sense of urgency to help the current and next generation of Black marketers succeed.
Julie Spencer Washington
EVP, CMO, Chief Communications Officer, & CXO, Trinity Health
Chief External Affairs Officer & Head of Brand, Vibrant Emotional Health